When I am Dead This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When I am dead, my dearest, don’t stick my bones
together with Scotch tape. Do not try to fit them
underneath a frame. Use them, one by one,
as a weapon, a gavel. My bones,
they can be good back scratchers, honey mixers,
and hands of clocks.

You can toss them across space
and see how far they’ll glide until another hand
slips across it. When I am dead, dearest,
thread my bones to the top of a mountain.

The next time you arrive at a glass sea,
spill it boldly. Spell your life in two parts,
watch them float until they descend
like a weight down into that container.

bellebelle1997 said...
This is some of the most unique, original, and well written work of poetry I have ever seen! I wish I could write something like this!! ;P

Evilgummysattack said...
Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:38 am
Ver profound, amazingly unique.

Laurennnn said...
Apr. 9, 2011 at 1:07 am
Ths is true poetry. I loved it. It was pleasent to read even though it had a dark undertone. The words flowed and sounded almost musical to the ears.

spency replied...
Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:21 am
nice poem really like it....good job 5/5 for you girlllllll

trejames03 said...
I really like this poem. You gave me an idea for one to write. Look for it in the next few weeks:)

Faey101 said...
I too would rather have my bones and stuff played with or used in some useful way rather than have them thrown into a hole in the ground and call it a funeral!! I really like your peom! It has great voice and imagery!!

sanchee replied...
Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:18 am
who wud want they bones play wit homie this is just unnessary plz stop writing now i wanna kill my self dang un use full

JesusFreack10101 replied...
Hey I would... play on my spine like a xilaphone and turn my skull into a horn i for one would like my bones turned into musical instuments!! ;) btw i got a new name its JesusFreak10101 not Faey101 and dont kill ur self cuz tht would be sad!  

whatever said...
Mar. 30, 2011 at 8:02 am
I like this poem. When you die, can I have a bone of yours?

Hotaru said...
Your poem is really good. I feel like it can mean so many different things depending on how you feel when you read it. The image I get in my head from reading your words are amazing. I was wondering if you could give me some pointers about writing a poem in free verse. I love poems because I like to try and find hidden meanings and I love the descriptions that can be found in most poems. (Like yours!) But I can never seem to write what I am feeling down onto the paper no matter how hard I try.(P... (more »)

amalie said...
all i can say is wow. This is so deep and intense...i love your style and the way you make the reader think! AMAZING!!

PerfectMGymnast This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is really good!! :)

peacemaker said...
Mar. 22, 2011 at 8:30 am
this is so sweet yet creepy

oliveoom replied...
Mar. 22, 2011 at 8:35 am
this is really goood!

badboss123 replied...
Mar. 22, 2011 at 11:55 am
yES it isreally qood i like t alot

MSTie said...
Mar. 14, 2011 at 11:08 am
Very cheerful. Gorilla Glue, that's the way to go. On a brighter note, very well written. A nice poem, the bone thing just kinda drags it down.

Ke$ha said...
Mar. 14, 2011 at 11:07 am

Your topic was very depressive but was very very well writen. Glue would be more practicul than tape. This poem had a lot of imagry shown in its writting... Keep up the good writing:)

Bombb Chiick* said...
Mar. 8, 2011 at 6:43 am

i love this

it was so cool

and ii knoii wht yhu mean ii would share my parts if ii had too! =)

Kenziechaos. said...
i love the deepness of this. its interesting. i like it. (:

HannSawyer17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow... This was really good... I'm speechless.