When I am Dead This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When I am dead, my dearest, don’t stick my bones
together with Scotch tape. Do not try to fit them
underneath a frame. Use them, one by one,
as a weapon, a gavel. My bones,
they can be good back scratchers, honey mixers,
and hands of clocks.

You can toss them across space
and see how far they’ll glide until another hand
slips across it. When I am dead, dearest,
thread my bones to the top of a mountain.

The next time you arrive at a glass sea,
spill it boldly. Spell your life in two parts,
watch them float until they descend
like a weight down into that container.

MoyruhJO This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 20, 2009 at 1:15 am
This is one of the best things I've ever read from someone in our age group. GREAT job :]

imagayfag replied...
Sept. 18, 2009 at 7:38 am
im sorry. what i ment was this poem is awesome. i love it with all my heart and i would marry this girl

relenanite said...
Amazing and Powerful. To me, as someone who's lost so many loved ones, this poem has aclear message -when someone you love dies, you can't live in denial or hold on to the pain. But also, you can't just forget. You have to let them live on inside you. Take everything your feeling, take all the memories and lessons that were a part of that person, and use them to learn, to make you stronger. To live life. When you lose someone you love, it hurts so much you feel lost. But if you let that... (more »)

Lonleydandy said...
Jun. 27, 2009 at 2:26 am
WOW. It was great. I have never read something like that, but I am glad that I came across it. What was your inspiration for that???? It must be something interesting.

Sophia S. said...
Jun. 17, 2009 at 4:03 am
I loved it! something totally different, unique, not something that is boring and original. and if i say it's not original- that's a compliment. :) keep up the good work!

palerthangrass said...
Jun. 15, 2009 at 12:14 am
Sincerely, this is *good.* I hope you keep writing poetry.

chayRocs said...
WOW awsome poem i had too thik of the words a lil bit but now it's like totaly amazing keep up the good work

Elana F. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 14, 2009 at 4:48 am
luv it. abosolutely luv it.

Kiersten.p.o said...
your poem is great!!! you know, i am incapable of getting goosebumps, but after reading your poem i wish i could get goosebumps. your poem has an eerie kind of feel to it and it great!!
if you have a chance, is there any way you can check out my poems? i dont care if your a critisizer(?) cuz i luv critism!!
kiersten P/O

hana104 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this poem is really great!!its as if there's a hidden meaning in it

tigeress3 said...
I can't even think of anything to say. So unique, morbid, and beautiful.

lovehate29 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is very well written. The title alone captured my attention. VERY GOOD!!

FarmGirl said...
Cool but it is kinda scary

reddlover_70017 said...
It was pretty good...it had some parts that didn't quite go along with the title...but the emotion that was put into the poem itself was brillaint!

shawn09 said...
Jun. 2, 2009 at 10:41 am
I found a great Father's Day gift idea. Its poetry and there are even a few posted on the site for free usage. The website is http://bradleyalmighty.tripod.com
I think you will like this stuff.

it was so different but so insightful. it rlly makes u think cuz the whole poem can be taken as a metaphor too.

xsummer_rainx said...
That is awesome! I love this poem, it's not like anything I've ever heard anywhere before! :)

Caitlyn said...
It was, different. But different is always good. I like it!!

jgb1300 said...
weird but original.

snc947 said...
omgosh. I love this poem. I like the way you say, "Dont try to stick my bones together with scotch tape." That was my favorite part. Good Poem!

Live+Laugh+love said...
i get a dark sexy vibe from it lol
its good,deep and i like the message within it