When I am Dead This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When I am dead, my dearest, don’t stick my bones
together with Scotch tape. Do not try to fit them
underneath a frame. Use them, one by one,
as a weapon, a gavel. My bones,
they can be good back scratchers, honey mixers,
and hands of clocks.

You can toss them across space
and see how far they’ll glide until another hand
slips across it. When I am dead, dearest,
thread my bones to the top of a mountain.

The next time you arrive at a glass sea,
spill it boldly. Spell your life in two parts,
watch them float until they descend
like a weight down into that container.

DEMON said...
"RAZED EXPECTATIONS" It continues...
Her lovely green eyes shifted into hard emeralds.
“What do you know about me, Dare? And what’s so wrong with having dreams? And why are you talking to me like that? I was simply commenting on the sunset.” She tossed her red curls, clearly miffed.
I lifted my chin, and blew smoke in her face. It was easier on me when she was angry. I don’t know why she bothered with me. Why she was brave enough to confro... (more »)

Wow... replied...
Wow. It was a strange, melodic dance of emotions, but I liked it! I encourage every girl, and every boy, with aspirations of love, to read DEMON's story. Beautiful. I liked the Jack Sparrow analogy!

sasssgirrrl22 replied...
agree with Wow. awesome story. very descriptive. Luvvv da analogiez 2

Marylin22 replied...
Jan. 6, 2010 at 8:48 am
That was amazing. you should have a book, cuz now i wanna read more!

scarletP said...
Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:52 am
this is extremely intresting, a little bit strange, but that is what makes it so wonderful. i am very curious, where did u get the inspiration?

Jimmy_flash said...
Dec. 11, 2009 at 8:27 am
very... interesting yes that the word i was looking for

DarkAngelEmotional said...
Dec. 8, 2009 at 10:40 am
This poem is wow.....interesting...but kinda weird. Nice job!!

HowdyDooMa'am?32123 said...
This poem was sick! (In a good way!) I loved it. My favorite part was "When I am dead dearest, thread my bones to the top of a mountain." Absolutely eerie and vibrating with power and dignity. A very mabre feel. Powerful, great language.

Rachel P. said...
wow its so good i love it :)

dylonmichael said...
Nov. 13, 2009 at 10:39 am
i love this poem its amazing

Castrol said...
Nov. 6, 2009 at 11:07 am
This was really nice and made me think...How would I want my loved ones to feel after I'm gone. It brings back the realization that today could be our last and that we have to make things for the best. I love this. It's a great poem.

Nanna said...
Wow this is amazing. I wish I had your ability to write like this. Extremely well written : )

eee12 said...
this is an amazing poem! :D i wish i could write like this! keep up the good work

StephanieQueen said...
I love this poem, its amazing and well written, beautiful, and black humor adds a nice touch

PurpleMidnight said...
WOW! I am tagging this as a definite favorite. I love your style and the picture goes really good with this piece. Keep on writiing! <3

devy_grl! said...
omg! this is like my favorite poem ever! its soooo good! its so different! i love it

Sarah said...
I really like it, it flowed easily and didnt seem like you were trying too hard. the words worked well together and poetic language like that can easily go wrong

Cassie said...
This is amazing. All of your emotions at the time you wrote this is showing through the lines as i read this. excellent

writer24/7/365 said...
Oct. 10, 2009 at 11:50 am
this has dark humor & is entertaining.

Theresa This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 10, 2009 at 1:01 am
This is an incredible poem, and I'm saying this even though I, for the most part, hate poetry. It's interesting and well written and easily the best poem I've ever read on this site. Good job.

Ruthey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
gentle yet beautiful and endearing lilting black humour.
love it :)