When I am Dead This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When I am dead, my dearest, don’t stick my bones
together with Scotch tape. Do not try to fit them
underneath a frame. Use them, one by one,
as a weapon, a gavel. My bones,
they can be good back scratchers, honey mixers,
and hands of clocks.

You can toss them across space
and see how far they’ll glide until another hand
slips across it. When I am dead, dearest,
thread my bones to the top of a mountain.

The next time you arrive at a glass sea,
spill it boldly. Spell your life in two parts,
watch them float until they descend
like a weight down into that container.

thedude said...
Feb. 9, 2010 at 12:56 pm:
What is wrong with you!?!?!?! You seriously need some help, bones are not meant for weapons! Why would you write about someone being dead, and using their bones as weapons? Here is some advice. One, find your nearest doctor and get some mental help! Two, write about happy things, not death. And three, everyone who likes this poem is more screwed up than you. HAVE A NICE DAY! :)

bcs1993 replied...
Feb. 19, 2010 at 6:18 am :
Some of the most artistic pieces are created out of subjects that are hard to discuss, for example Edgar Allen Poe. I think that this person has constructed a creative peice that deals with a so called "after life," therfore we should praise her not insult her.

Mystery_Girl replied...
Feb. 19, 2010 at 11:20 pm :
OMGG!! That was a terrible comment Thedude. I took that very sensitivily. This poem was great. And most the time if ppl write about happy things (no offense to anyone I give you all the benefit of the doubt!!!) they are cheesy. This is AMAZING!!! And you need to learn to be nice...

Francheska replied...
Feb. 22, 2010 at 1:34 pm :
your are being very rude and unappreciative of her artistic skill. why are you on this site if you are just going to hate?

Coolsurfer5 replied...
Feb. 22, 2010 at 7:37 pm :
He could have said it nicer but i agree with him.

Francheska replied...
Feb. 23, 2010 at 9:31 am :
i don't agree with him no matter how nice he say's it. but whatever it's your opinion.

BleedingRose replied...
Apr. 11, 2010 at 8:54 am :

hey, 'thedude, get a friggin life!  wats wrong with u?  if u dont like something, either dont comment or do it better instead of messing up the entire comment page w/ ur complaints!  we didnt come on here to see ur jealousy, u could never write something like this!

-rose

evenlyodd replied...
Jun. 9, 2010 at 10:00 am :

haha. Wow... "thedude" comming from the guy that has no work published. (doesn't write anything!) is that all you do? sit around dissen everyone elses stuff when you can't write anything either.... grow up- your stupidity annoys me

-talisha<3

BleedingRose replied...
Jun. 10, 2010 at 4:09 pm :

Thank you, evenlyodd!  My point exactly.

-Rose

Pantophobia said...
Feb. 6, 2010 at 8:33 am:
i love this i think its really amazing(:
Cheak out my work

CountryGothic said...
Jan. 29, 2010 at 8:15 am:
I love this with a passion. The wording of everything is just plain beautiful and perfect...A++++++++

..beautiful...imperfection... This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
awesome! i love your imagination. :)

8PirateChick8 said...
Wow...THAT WAS AMAZING!!! awesome job

LadyLazarus22 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 28, 2010 at 11:13 am:
Very interesting poem.

PeaveLoveMe(: said...
Oh. My. Gawd. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! plz read my work! would luv any feedbak!

2Kool4U said...
this was great keep it up.

Like*Whoa!!! This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i really like this, it seems kindof dark when you start reading it but then it starts making you smile :)LOVE LOVE LOVE it
<3

nixy0619 said...
i love it ... it makes you feel like you don't want to be forgotten when dead, but remembered as something great

JillianHale said...
Jan. 19, 2010 at 7:57 am:
Wow. Really good :) Definitely different. I like how you think. It's almost as if your writing is like the creation of abstract in art :) Keep it up

laliel said...
i love it
it makes me think about how i dont want to be useless
and forgotten
when i am dead

Fayrouz This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is a very good poem and it's different and cool...but I have read a poem that's like this that's by a famous person, i forgot the name but it starts, "When I am dead, my dear"...jw, was that your inspiration?