When I am Dead This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When I am dead, my dearest, don’t stick my bones
together with Scotch tape. Do not try to fit them
underneath a frame. Use them, one by one,
as a weapon, a gavel. My bones,
they can be good back scratchers, honey mixers,
and hands of clocks.

You can toss them across space
and see how far they’ll glide until another hand
slips across it. When I am dead, dearest,
thread my bones to the top of a mountain.

The next time you arrive at a glass sea,
spill it boldly. Spell your life in two parts,
watch them float until they descend
like a weight down into that container.

AprilNicoleThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 6:20 pm
Nice...morbid, but also charming in a way.

Jocelin said...
Dec. 17 at 10:56 am
nice dude nice =D

WindRunnerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 21 at 3:52 pm
A little scary. I know I dont want anyone useing my bones as back-scratchers!  

gaabbbeeee_This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 13 at 11:07 am
GOod job this is great!  

Theraforever said...
Jul. 11 at 3:39 pm
I love this! Its fun, yet serious and just what anyone wants to make of it. Overall its creative and oviously a peice formed by a creative and phenomanal writer. If you have any spare time I would cherish any peice of advice you could give me. Dont hesitate to email, Theraforever@gmail.com. - Thera

_Zavery_This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 21 at 9:12 pm
I read this poem over and over. Wow you are truly talented. Great piece!!

BrandalynBoothThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really love this. Beautiful job

dina8This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Obsessed with this poem! Great job!

Readobsesion said...
I think this is a beautiful poem. It has a lot of feeling and heart. If all your work is like this then you are a very, very great writer.

love_writing said...
Aug. 7, 2013 at 11:06 am
This was really amazing!  I loved the eerie feel to it!

thezebrasgray This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
That was gorgeous and dripping with originality. Spectacular!

ChobaniLuvinPenguin This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
WOW!!!! I am truly speechless... That was amazing!!!! So beautiful! And the eerie tone made it more captivating and memorable! You are soooooo good! I'll be sure to check out more of your work!

Silence_ said...
That was Beautiful! :)

lizzyw77 said...
Right as I read the first line, I knew the reference to the original poem "song" with the lines "when I am dead, my dearest." I recently wrote one like that, maybe I will submit it as well!! :) 

sunnyandsugarThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is so hauntingly beautifull!!!!!!

jusc44 said...
Aug. 31, 2012 at 10:52 am
This is really good, well done.

maximel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is fantastic. Beautifully done. 

TaurusGal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow... I am speechless!!!!!!!!!! Bravo, masterpiece.  Very clear message and lively poem.

Lizla This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I LOVE this! You've got an incredible gift!