Spirit | Teen Ink

Spirit

By ThePoeticJustice PLATINUM, Houston, Texas
ThePoeticJustice PLATINUM, Houston, Texas

Hold fast and keep your head up high for life will pass right by you like a speeding bird if you don't acknowledge it- Charles Moorer III (me)

Shocks of pain haven’t the slightest effect on me, You’re the cure to the pains I’ve felt. You’re the one who clears my mind like the backspace clears Microsoft pages. Simple as you are, you solve complexities that the common world can’t handle.
I was lonely once, I had a gap in my chest that wasn’t filled easy, in fact, no mortal could fill it. Only you could, a queen, a goddess I had called you. And you didn’t disappoint, you held out untl the end of the war of hearts, and I’m in love with you for it.
Yet we don’t move, we stay in the same position as we always have, lovers, loves. When can we move on?
I was thinking marriage, you were thinking Quickie. I was thinking whole-hearted love, you were thinking child-like intimacy. But We’ve met at a new point, the point that I knew was an inevitable circumstantial element.
Destruction.
Look at what you’ve turned me into , look at my words and imagine the heat behind them. Look into the lines of my words and imagine them as my eyes. They’re filled with the tears of the lies you had put into my ears. The hopes that you hyped me up to. The stories that you concocted to blind me from your true self.
You were love.
That emotion that I had blindly chased after in hopes that I’d achieve it.  You lied. You told me all I wanted to hear in exchange for me to give my life to you, the emotion that has inspired many a war.
I tried to refuse you, for I hadn’t felt you much. I just wanted to feel special to someone, special to anything other than myself, and you couldn’t do that for me. You didn’t keep your promise, in fact, you destroyed my faith in the world.
Poem after poem I wrote about it, about you, Yet you still disperse with every setup you create, stop toying with me, Fight like you’re supposed to . Stop throwing sand and running, you hurt only yourself.
My soul is crushed, heart stomped on by the boots of thousands, tears absorbed by the thirsty lips of millions, skin digested by the hunger of those now sated. I did this for you, and I do it no more.
No more shall I spend my time, wallowing, wonting to your abusive nature. I spend more time thinking of ou than I do thinking of my own life. You bring my soul to an ache, my eyes to an overflow, my head to a crippling pain and my body to the ground, toppling like a tower struck from the bottom.
Now do you feel my pain? Do you see the internal struggle you’ve caused me? Do you feel the emotion in the mere words I utter? Do you gaze at the water raining over the fire in my eyes? Do you see the physical decay of my form? The form that was set up for love and loving? I’m hurting, I can’t stress that to you enough. My body’s failing me, I’m dying inside and out, and the cause, I think you know now, is You…
Yours truly,

A wrecked and ravaged spirit.

I'm just letting the emoton fly in the seperate direction, I guess

on Jan. 24 2016 at 10:53 pm

thank you lol

on Jun. 25 2015 at 8:34 am
Sunshine2420 SILVER, Unknown, Other

A smile hides everything.

It's wonderful the way you've written it...you should be proud of yourself ;)

on Jun. 24 2015 at 10:59 pm

thx. and thank you for reading lol glad you enjoyed it

on Jun. 24 2015 at 10:41 pm
L.J.Barnes. GOLD, Powhatan, Virginia

Avoid roasted cabbage, don't eat earwax and look on the bright side of life!
~Angela the Herbalist

I really like this, however I feel like there is more to this story that could be told... While the mystery of the wording does keep you reading, maybe a bit more detail could tell this story more in depth....To feel greater emotion for you...

on Jun. 24 2015 at 8:05 pm

thx lol XD glad you enjoyed it and thx for readingggggggggggg

Emily2k said...
on Jun. 24 2015 at 6:50 pm
Emily2k, Glasgow, Other

they didn't agree on much. in fact they didn't agree on anything. They fought all the time and challenged each other everyday. But despite their differences, they had one important thing in common. They were crazy about each other.

if i could write like this id write until my fingers blead !! so good im in awe

on Jun. 23 2015 at 7:49 pm

well, I'm glad you're glad lol thx for reading and glad you enjoyed it ^.^

on Jun. 23 2015 at 7:42 pm

XD i'd hate to dissapoint lol thx for reading and glad you enjoyed it lol

on Jun. 23 2015 at 7:15 pm
Anna141 PLATINUM, Yarmouth, Maine

"Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain."

Auth

It is so cool the way that you use language; You twist it around and make it your own. This is really good, more so than a lot of writing done by teenagers. If you decide to be a writer, (which you should!), you will be a really, really amazing one some day. Please keep writing or I will be disappointed!

Izzy777 SILVER said...
on Jun. 22 2015 at 3:07 pm
Izzy777 SILVER, Tampa, Florida

"I always wonder why birds stay in one place when they can fly anywhere around the world. But then I ask myself the same question."

"element. Destruction" God, I love this piece. LOVE IS BLIND! Anyone and everyone can connect and relate to this poem so easily considering that, teens especially, are still trying to find themselves. especially in others. The ending to this is STRONG. This piece is great. I'm hope to have read it.

on Jun. 7 2015 at 6:02 pm

thx XD too kind lol I actually just let it out, ya know. Just letting what came to my mind out on Microsoft XD glad you enjoyed it and thx for reading

on Jun. 7 2015 at 11:22 am
Luv4Ever SILVER, Jacksonville, Florida

A miracle is just another name for hard work
-Minho in "To The Beautiful You"

I love this piece as well, especially the way you ended like a letter. Your work is so captivating and fills me with elation. I wish i could write as freely and without restraint as you do. I truly admire this piece and all of your work i have read so far.

on Jun. 1 2015 at 11:38 pm

thx XD glad you enjoyed it lol

on Jun. 1 2015 at 7:22 pm
Z.V.Oksana PLATINUM, Harrison, Arkansas

“Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there's a tomorrow. Maybe for you there's one thousand tomorrows, or three thousand, or ten, so much time you can bathe in it, roll around it, let it slide like coins through you fingers. So much time you can waste it.
But for some of us there's only today. And the truth is, you never really know.”
― Lauren Oliver, Before I Fall

This is very relatable to anyone who has ever been through a toxic love, including myself. I immensely enjoyed reading this, even though it was bitter, because I was able to connect. Love, when tainted, can easily turn into hate, or depression. It is a very, very weak human emotion that's suseptible to these kinds of negative changes. I like the transition from what seems to begin as you sharing your love for another into your hate of this past love. It shows to what extent, to what power, a love can be tainted, how fickle love can be. Excellent! Keep up the good work!