Afternoon Habit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The setting sun paints cozy rectangles
Across the floor where I sit,
The temperature tugging my eyelids.
As I lie down, swiftly succumbing,
Your words are my lullaby.

spency said...
May 27, 2011 at 10:37 am
nice poem....rated u 5/5....good job.....am loving it......

kirabonk This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you so much, I appreciate it!

reblep said...
brief but full of detail. you tell so much without saying a lot at all. 

Thank you!

HannahD26 said...
May 5, 2011 at 7:40 am
Nicee poem! The picture of a dog sleeping added to it makes it that much more adorable and great! Great job! :-)

Thank you- I love the dog picture, too!

rainbowwriter said...
Jan. 31, 2010 at 9:49 am
It's very interesting. I love how the main writting part is about the scenery and then the last words are the story. Very well done!

Thanks for your comment, I like how you described the order of the poem.

Zero_K This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Cute! The picture is perfect for this poem!
-Blessed Be!
+++ZERO+++

Thank you, Zero- I agree, the picture fits.

SaraB. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like how you managed to depict the whole situation in so few words. Congratulations on getting published!

Thank you for your comment (even though I am replying two years later). I hope all is well!