Broken Heart | Teen Ink

Broken Heart

May 15, 2015
By embree6 SILVER, Seville, Ohio
embree6 SILVER, Seville, Ohio
5 articles 5 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
There is no inherent right or wrong in this world, those labels are just artificial constructs. Right and wrong are held by positions of authority. That is the way it's always been, so how then could anyone know this truth you speak of? Don't you see the reality is that truth long ago became nothing more than a shadow of itself; it's a mere echo of the past now... The world is one big moral gray area, it just makes you feel safer that it can be categorized into good and bad, but that's not how it actually works.


My heart isn’t broken; no that’s way to terminal.  This is simply a small bite into my fragile heart of tissue paper.  It will eventually heal, and at worst it will turn into a scar.  But it is not a tear making my heart into two.  It is just a small bite by a microscopic mosquito.

____/\____/\___/\____/\__/\__/\____/\_____/\______/\____/\

I understand why mosquitos are known as death on wings.  It’s starting to burn from the teeth marks that sunk into my glass heart.  Purple and an awful tan color penetrate the once red and beating muscle.  It has gone numb and I can’t feel the pain anymore.   You see, I told you it was just a trivial bite.

My heart isn’t broken; no that’s way to terminal.  This is simply a small bite into my fragile heart of tissue paper.  It will eventually heal, and at worst it will turn into a scar.  But it is not a tear making my heart into two.  It is just a small bite by a microscopic mosquito.

____/\_____/\_________/\________/\________/\___/\___/\___

It has reached my lungs.  My mind is the only thing alive.  I can hear the ripping of my tissue paper heart, and feel the fibers of the tissue fall apart.  The glue I placed there to keep it together starts to smell and sedate my mind, it slowly melting painfully down my chest.  My breath is subsiding and I can’t interchange completely.  Why does he have to cause me so much hurt by being with her?  Why doesn’t he comprehend that I am decaying inside… is my love an imitation?

/\__/\_____/\__________________________________________


The author's comments:

A peom about heart break.  The origianl prompt was talk about a time when you where bitten