Know You | Teen Ink

Know You

May 19, 2015
By Anna2274 GOLD, Effingham, Illinois
Anna2274 GOLD, Effingham, Illinois
15 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember; you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world." -Harriet Tubman.


I want to get to know you,

I always have.

Since the first time we made eye contact.

 

Tell me about that horrid dream you have all the time. Tell me about your favorite books, or movies. Fill me in on why you don't visit your mother. Let me know why you hate that stupid song that is constantly replaying on the radio. Explain to me why you don't mind the dark, but you're scared of what's in it. Tell me what your favorite color is. Tell me what you like to listen to on a long car ride. Share with me all your childhood memories, like learning to ride a bike, or tying your shoes at the age of 9. Tell me why you looked up to your sister so much, but hate her now. Tell me why I can not touch your chest and back. Tell me where all of these scars have come from. Teach my your way of playing a game of hide and seek. Tell me why you love the sound of thunder, and love the feeling of it raining. Tell me how you can simply just be such an amazing person, because believe me love, you are so much more than just amazing. Tell me the story of how the sun went away every night just so the moon could breathe. Tell me why Romeo and Juliet died together. Tell me how you like you coffee. Tell me your favorite brands of clothing. Tell me how you sleep at night. Tell me why you love me.

 

Tell me about you.

Because darling,

I want to know you.


The author's comments:

This piece is so sappy and cliche but it's true.