Tears

By AvengeMyBrokenSong GOLD, WHOOP, New York
AvengeMyBrokenSong GOLD, WHOOP, New York

"It takes more strength to cry at mid-defeat."
-Susan Boyle
"The closer you get to the light, the bigger your shadow becomes."
-Kingdom Hearts

Sometimes
I look up at the sky
And feel her tears
Fall from her diamond blues

on Feb. 4 2016 at 9:41 pm
ThrillQueen126 SILVER, Seattle, Washington

“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you. And then you have to put it back into the sky. And it's the most painful thing you'll ever have to do and that you've ever done. But what's yours is yours. Whether it’s up in the sky or here in your hands. And one day, it'll fall from the sky and hit you in the head real hard and that time, you won't have to put it back in the sky again.”
― C. JoyBell C.

This is short, but it conveys your thoughts perfectly, though leaving a little up to the imagination. I love it!

on Jul. 22 2015 at 11:31 am
ThePoeticJustice PLATINUM, Houston, Texas

Hold fast and keep your head up high for life will pass right by you like a speeding bird if you don't acknowledge it- Charles Moorer III (me)

it's basically a haiku, there's no need to honestly elaborate. it's a short poem about rain, actually. It's in the eyes of the beholder, good job, avenge

Hanban12 ELITE said...
on Jul. 20 2015 at 6:02 pm
Hanban12 ELITE, Lake Worth, Florida

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Henry David Thoreau

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once."
John Green

I disagree with the other comments. I don't think you need to elaborate with this poem at all; it leaves an amazing resonance and a chance for interpretation from the reader. Leave it how it is, your words create a wonderful message and emotion.

on Jun. 29 2015 at 10:35 am
Consalvator BRONZE, South Jordan, Utah

"Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Simple but eloquent. I love it! Great use of personification. I agree with @Luv4Ever, I felt you could have elaborated because I'm left with questions; but I like that the simplicity allows my mind to fill in the rest of the story which I really enjoy.

on Jun. 7 2015 at 11:35 am
Luv4Ever SILVER, Jacksonville, Florida

A miracle is just another name for hard work
-Minho in "To The Beautiful You"

This piece is beautiful and i love the wording but i feel it is just the start. I wish you had expanded more on what you were trying to say because, as a reader, i am left hanging.

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!