Okauchee Lake | Teen Ink

Okauchee Lake

April 24, 2015
By double13 SILVER, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
double13 SILVER, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
“I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.” -Mewtwo


Okauchee Lake isn’t just a lake, it’s a community, and a place where swimmers, fishers, and icefishers all reside. The lake is great for swimming, fishing, ice fishing and plenty of other lake activities. This makes it popular throughout the year and people never stop loving and appreciating it. Okauchee Lake is a Waukesha County treasure because of the people who love it.
  Swimming is the most popular activity. From the shallow water, great for kids to play in, to off the shores where the fish reside, the favored swimming area is “the rocks”--a place with shallow water and smooth round rocks make it perfect for younger kids. For more experienced swimmers, anywhere is good just watch out for the weeds.
Fishing on Okauchee, whether it be in winter or summer, is a blast. Fishing on the lake is prosperous and easy for inexperienced fishers. It doesn’t matter if you’re hooking muskies or bluegills, anyone can find something they like. Crappies like to stay by the murky shores with shade and muskies tend to be out in the open. Casual fish, like bluegills and small bass, can be found anywhere. People around the lake sink days into ice fishing. In the winter, the lake is a small town filled with tents, trucks, ATVs, and sometimes igloos. My dad loved it to the extent that he plows the ice so kids can ice skate and play on it. This community is what make Okauchee Lake a Treasure.


The author's comments:

This is about how Okauchee Lake is a treasure of Waukesha county.