Storm | Teen Ink

Storm

By TheBlackPoet567 GOLD, IN, Indiana
TheBlackPoet567 GOLD, IN, Indiana

Life is a struggle requiring optimism and confidence

"No, no you don't know how I felt when we split." she says.

A broken heart who cries every night and, isolates herself from the world. Once the sun wakes up so does she, and wondering what happened to the smile she use to wear as her eyes would brighten when awakened from a deep sleep. 

"I love you. I'm sorry. I love you.." he says again and all she does is cry because, the decision to move on or stay weights on her mind day and night. Wondering if she should put up a fight, making her body sore and her lip bleed. Yet she looks up at the sky and whispers "God please" 

Her heart aches from pain and then it rains, soon it pours. Should she ignore the fact that she loves him? Her heart starting to crumle like a cookie squeezed in the palm of a sweaty hand. How can she love him when she doesn't even love herself? She looks into the mirror and wonders what is looking back at her. 

"I love you" he says "I will never leave you" he says and then more tears fall from her sulken eyes. Yet the storm has just begun. 

"I really want you back" he said. 

"Thats really all you have to say after I poured out my heart?" she yells. Yet how can we love each other and we don't even love ourselves? When I look into the mirror I see a confused girl who doesn't even known how to love, let alone fight for a relationship where she feels on her own. 

I only seen you once in person. Seeing you through a projected camera and a screen isn't the same as you holding me or looking me in my eyes and telling me that everything is alright. Why did things have to be this way? You said I was the one but, you're not showing me. You're just telling me. Yes you say you love me but, again you're just telling me. You can't caress me nor embrace the love that I have stored in thie heart of mine. A heart that adores you but, also hates you at the same time. And still the storm continues with still a trace of you in my mind.