Certaminis | Teen Ink

Certaminis

By EpicmJproductions BRONZE, Sugar Land, Texas
EpicmJproductions BRONZE, Sugar Land, Texas

"You wait little girl, on an empty stage, for fate to turn the light on." -Sound of Music

As the rain falls down in streams of grey, darkening the sky like funeral song, I am of the ebony nature.
Closing my eyes to feel the droplets descend- taken aback to the  rendezvous.

He stands there, with a bouquet of black dahlias,  eyes piercing like arrows through a fog, beckoning with his malicious glare; so mystified, I follow.
Oh, how ignorance is bliss, how selfishness is so effortless, how the sun shines and the flowers bloom.
What is love? Am I subject to play victim, am I destined to give in? Who are we, to be pondering over such careless emotions?
I think with such discretion, I breath in the daylight. The storm is approaching, but we take no heed, playing truth like lies.
The days pass like the wind, gone but left with the sweet scent of blinding misery; we are entrapped in the fantasy we believe to exist.
But the downpour  it came in vain, and in its midst we lost our hope; the gust blew away our remaining innocence, and hence came its hell.
Soon the eyes have opened and when clouds weaved into our visions disappeared with the sun, we could see the walls, white, bare, terrifying.
It was there he was weak, realizing the morbid certainty; falling to pieces, crashing, shattering, slowly enduring the pain of sudden reality.
I watch him suffer, smiling through my tears. Feed myself more lies to push back the agony of looking at him gasp for the veracity that can never be found.

Awake, raindrops on my eyelids, dissolved in blades, the rain burning like fire.
How the day is as dark as my soul, how the water is drowning me in my thoughts.
I give no peace to my restless self, killing hope is my twisted existence, knives of grim are sharpened.

Watching him go, not knowing what to think, the hours were long and cruel, as the world spun in never-ending exhaustion.
Perhaps we watch the world with our indecisive eyes in such passive the stab  of suffering is our immunity, and hidden sins our advantage.
Tell me, are the rulers of the earth still so vulnerable to the unknown? The answer is inevitable, for my lungs are weak, as I stand here trembling and violently aware.
Tears, in the unexplainable yet oddly heartbreaking emotion I feel, have begun to fall like refracting chandeliers of opaque, leaving my soulless eyes regretfully.
I scream, the throb of my bleeding heart ripping through my chest, the burden of desperation giving in the the fear of destruction.
All alone in darkness, all alone in anguish, all alone in grief. The skies rise and fall, the stars stare  in spiteful nature, venomous in fascinating danger.
Give me a reason, please, to go on. I need something, anything, to stop myself from this slow death I’m waiting for.
Here I am, left in a colorless world, where I cease to belong, I cease to believe, I cease to hope. I have been left abandoned, still grasping for surrender.
The curse of love, such I craved with fierce desire, has given me nothing but empty promises and broken memories, the clock stops its wind.

The rain is not from the sky, on contrary, from my eyes. Unscrupulous without a fever, I burn within the waters, relishing in the pain I created.
In this final moment, he is my sole contemplation, as I ask myself the same questions, over, and over, and over again.
To which my breath is certainly diminished, I give my last words, to fall on deaf ears. Little does my heart beat to this ultimate ending, acceptance is my plea.

And my voice is left unheard.

The trigger is desperation, the result is death. 

JiliZeng04 said...
Fantastic word choice, powerful emotion, and leaves us thinking. As always, your writing is beautiful :)