in the animal kingdom | Teen Ink

in the animal kingdom

By outdoor SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
outdoor SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

In the animal kingdom
In the animal kingdom, the predator loses a battle against the prey and sometimes the predators wins.
The predator sneaks up on the prey,quietly like a teenager sneaking out of the house at night.
The area camouflages them from being seen by the prey and it loses a meal.

The prey stand, eating with their family or herd, the little ones inside the circle and adults the outside.
The prey listens to sounds around them like a mother does to the new born baby on a baby monitor.
The prey looks around them for anything out of the ordinary, if one sees something it calls out to the rest.

The predator walks as it is crouched, looking mostly at the prey not at the ground that it walks all of a sudden a,
Twig breaks, the prey takes off as if the checker flag was waved
Has the leader is the first to run away then the rest of them follow, running as faster they can go

The predator realizes his or her mistake, the predator could not believe what just happened but
The predator takes off like a cop in a high speed chase.
The predator builds up speed as he or her keeps running

They prey realizes that the predator is getting closer when all of a sudden, the predator got real close
The prey kicks faster and harder than the world’s greatest boxer
The prey starts to get exhausted but it knows it can not give up now the chase has just begun

The predator realizes what the prey is trying to do to it and the predator knows what to do when this happens
The predator goes left then right dodging the prey kicks like a little kid in a dodgeball game
The predator runs a little bit faster than, it does not get hurt and to bring the prey down sooner

The prey realizes that now the predator is trying to go after the little ones because it would be easier
The prey protects the babies in the herd like a family does in the human world
They prey uses his or her head to bash the predator into the side to let it know not to mess with babies

The prey knows it has to do something if it wants everyone in the herd to stay alive
The prey turns left, than right, and left again hoping it will slow the predator down as if they were in a shootout
The prey was more scared and worried because their plan didn’t work and time was running out

The prey kept running finally it came to a river they all hoped by crossing it they would lose they predator
The herd crossed the river like people cross a finish line as quickly as they can
They finished crossing the river and kept running without looking back to see if they were still being chased

Finally they stop a mile away from the river and turned around to see if they were still being chased they saw
The predator stop with fear in its eyes it knows the water is deep and what lurks in the water typical cat afraid of water
The predator walked away to find a place to rest for the next chase with a much easier meal and the prey ate and laid down to rest