Seven Flowers for Lost Souls | Teen Ink

Seven Flowers for Lost Souls

By inhaled.smoke GOLD, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
inhaled.smoke GOLD, Sioux Falls, South Dakota

One Peony for the girl who stands in front of her mirror, screaming at the top of her lungs just for someone to hear her.

One Statice for the boy who spoke words of silence just for someone to care for him, but it was too late when someone finally heard his blood churning silent cries, two minutes before he hung himself.

One Rose for the daughter who found happiness in a abusive relationship that brought the terror from under her bed and place it right into her eyes.

One Lilac for the girl who hears the echoes of the bullies who taunt her every move, but they don’t realize they are just pushing her closer to the edge of that bridge she will jump from in the next coming weeks.

One Chrysanthemum for the teacher who watches these lonely kids deteriorate in front of her own eyes, but the fear takes over her tongue and silences her desperate cries to get these kids help.

And two Gladiolus flowers for you, for fighting through your agonizing pain and moving on with your two flowers tied behind your back.

Each of the flowers I used in this piece are all described with adjectives that go hand in hand with the description of each kid.