Dreams | Teen Ink

Dreams

By Nightingale74 PLATINUM, Beavercreek, Ohio
Nightingale74 PLATINUM, Beavercreek, Ohio

"When you need something to believe in, believe in yourself."
"A poem unwritten is only a thought; unshared, unsaid..."

A dream is a wish your heart makes,
when you’re fast asleep.
Then when you must wake,
will that dream keep?

Dreams wake us up,
the let us live.
But to make them come true,
How much must we give?

We all have a dream,
to sing, to dance, or paint a work of art.
Or maybe we wish
to teach, to travel, or help others find a heart.

There’s a fork in the road we must pass
every waking day.
Both paths are different,
each with a price to pay.

Will we choose to live our dream,
whatever it may take?
Or will we choose the other path,
and our dreams forsake?

How far will you go to follow your dreams?

on Mar. 14 2015 at 12:09 pm
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

This absolutely, beautiful, @Nightingale74 . I can connect to this a lot, and I love this. While reading this poem and after I finished reading it, it reminded me of quote one of my pastors said that you might like. "God wraps a person around a dream." I can connect to this a lot because I have dreams that I want to follow and that I try to follow now, but then sometimes I think to myself, "Will I really live the dreams that were given to me?" I ask that to myself because my dreams scare me sometimes. My dreams are so big, that I sometimes don't know if I can really do it. But as rather strange as this sounds, I want my dreams to be God's dreams, and I believe that my dreams are the ones that wrapped around me. Haha, if that makes sense. You have so much talent and greatness and light and beauty and so much more. You still write as beautiful and wonderfully as ever. You're a wonderful, talented and beautiful writer and person. And so much more. Thank you so much for sharing this. :)