Party Therapist | Teen Ink

Party Therapist

By DesmineRobinson PLATINUM, Melvindale, Michigan
DesmineRobinson PLATINUM, Melvindale, Michigan

"Life is an opportunity."
"Different is normal."
"We have to love ourselves, so we can properly love someone else."

Standing before the light, dancing life into all of those scared audiences who are too afraid to get up and dance with you, so afraid to sweat, to let themselves go.

To let those bills wait

To let those kids wait 

To let those grades wait 

To let that disease wait....

They are afraid and incapable of saying...... 

"Let me take a mental break from you guys for once."

When you hold their hand and pull them on stage,

You sway with them, to the beat or not, they're partying and they're comfortable in their skin!

And they're comfortable in their body.

And they're at ease.

And they're at peace, in excitement for once.

At peace in happiness.

It's different because any other time, they are afraid to be happy because they anticipate something to rip it away.

So afraid to scream with "HEY, HOOOO" or "THE ROOF... THE ROOF.... THE ROOF IS ON...." or a "OH SNAP NOW, HOLD UP, LET ME SHOW YOU SOMETHING." No random bursts of joy have they ever experienced... until now!!!

And you weren't there just to get the party started so everyone could have a good time, you were there to get it started and to keep it going, and motivated.  You're such a party animal, such a party therapist. 

Thank you. 

We really needed you tonight.

I wrote this thinking about all of the people who don't have time to have fun- I hate that. So many good people, who are always worrying- deserve someone in their life who'll say "dude, it's okay... it's not that bad... or it could be worst, let it go." We need someone to help us battle the grief we overdose on in our own energy and thoughts.