Words are ways to reveal us. | Teen Ink

Words are ways to reveal us.

January 22, 2015
By YaminahP BRONZE, Greendale, Wisconsin
YaminahP BRONZE, Greendale, Wisconsin
1 article 2 photos 0 comments

Have you ever thought about who you really are?

you're looking in the mirror but you don't recognize who you're looking at anymore.

A moment a truth has arose, and all the words you've said begin to replay in your head. You rue the words that didn't need to be said.

Words have the power to kill, so if you can dish it out don't be surprised when it comes back to you. However words are ways to reveal us for whomever we truly are. It's incredible how a five letter word can awaken an anger like never before.

The power of speech is a virus that can overpower us all, and I'm not sure if I can stress that anymore.

The human nature is to build up, break down, and learn as we carry on. Therefore a little more self awareness would benifit us all.

As I look in the mirror at this reflection of whats said to be me, I understand that others have feeling too, and others struggle too, and it's my respinsibility to be somewhat aware of people who lurk around me too. Because theres beauty in the words that are spoken just as the actions we do.


The author's comments:

This is my opinion, It's not wrong.

I may have some errors, I apologoze.

This poem is all over the place,  I apologize.