La melodia della mia vita | Teen Ink

La melodia della mia vita

January 22, 2015
By poetchick15 SILVER, Savannah, Georgia
poetchick15 SILVER, Savannah, Georgia
5 articles 2 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Love is louder than the pressure to be perfect" "Stay strong" "Never forget the essence of your spark"


1.) I was born in GA first, but on the stage, second.
2.) Within the generations of my family, I was born into saxophones, pianos, altos, organs, sopranos, and accordions.
3.) Everyday proving to be a new curtain call, my eyes gleaming as brightly as the stage lights above me.
4.) I grew up in a house full of women, Grandmother, Mom, Older sister. Each of them carrying their own little melody, in the way they walk, talk, live, and breathe.
5.) My favorite language to speak is music. Others may talk in words, sentences and phrases while I choose to speak in clefs, dynamics, and serenades.
6.) Years of Band, Orchestra, Performances, Auditions and Private lessons
7.) My mother does everything she can for my dreams while my father fights his own nightmares.
8.) I had little nightmares of my own before I was awakened by the music.
9.) You see, to me, music is more than just notes on a page; It’s heartbeats, bird filled trees, whooshing seas, anything that makes noise.
10.) While music is a part of me, I enjoy the sound of quiet, silence but not really silent.
11.) There is empowerment in silence and, also peace. In music, silence is represented by a rest.
12.) In, out, in, out, Rests give musicians a chance to breathe.
13.) When noise and silence come together, it creates a cacophony, but when  emotion and rest come together, it creates music.
14.) When I am lost in the music, I am found.
15.) Right now, I only hold daydreams yearning to become realities, although when reality happens, you will see. I am the music, and the music is me.


The author's comments:

I wrote this piece based off of "Curriculum Vitae" by Lisel Mueller for my Comp./Lit. Honors class. Feel free to comment and give your thoughts! Thanks. ~Ami