Remembrance | Teen Ink

Remembrance

January 18, 2015
By ThePoeticJustice PLATINUM, Houston, Texas
ThePoeticJustice PLATINUM, Houston, Texas
29 articles 0 photos 207 comments

Favorite Quote:
Hold fast and keep your head up high for life will pass right by you like a speeding bird if you don't acknowledge it- Charles Moorer III (me)


Was there ever an us? did you see me the way I saw you? I guess that's the question I'll never answer, huh?

I remember you far too well and it's driving me insane.

I can remember the sight of you when my world came crashing down, when no one else could see me fall.

I can remember the thoughts of you when the bitter chills of life nearly knocked me down again.

I can remember the taste of your lips as we kissed, refueling me and bringing me to understand that love is possible for all who embrace its sharp justice.

I can remember the first poem you gave me as you walked by in the hall, yet you walked fast in excitement. The words were as beautiful as your spirit.

I can remember the way you looked down when I'd talk with you or when I acknowledged you period.

I can  remember the feel of your skin against mine as we clung together as lovers do. With every breath I can still smell your scent, as distinguished as perfumes yet sweeter.

But alas, you're gone and I know you no more while I stare out at where my heart once soared between the clouds. I miss you, I suppose. And I know it's more than you miss me, so I guess I should cut my losses. But, No! I can't stop what I felt for you, it's not a mathematical, scientific, literal, or technical possibility. You're still stuck in my brain wherever I am.

In the car, I see your eyes. In the library, I see your smile. In the arcade, I feel your prescence when I'm alone.

Why is it tormenting me like this? Am I suppose to feel this way over elements I can't control? I'm drunk off of desperation! It's burning my soul and I can't sooth the flames with a bottle of rum, can't steam and relax with tobacco. I must get over yo, but I can't and it's the bane of my existence.

Will I see you again? I think not, but it never hurts to believe it. No wait, It kinda does, now that I think about it, you're in the very air I breathe.

Calm down, now I can be myself, but I was outside of the box and now I'm back in but keep wishing for the view I once had. You said you'd forgotten love, well so did I and we found each other before long, so now I can wish away with the feeling of emptiness and replace it with a feeling of perpetual darkness.

But there is a cure, take my hands, and let me give you what seems necessary, for once your lips touch mine the world will know that no games were played and we were still all in.

Was there ever an us? did you see me the way I saw you? was the love we had once true? I guess those questions are filed away with the memories I keep of you.


The author's comments:

Just venting I guess, I'm letting it out because the forums are too slow. Poem one of god knows how many, until I get over this (the past few days are really the most I've thought of it.