The Treasure of Waukesha County | Teen Ink

The Treasure of Waukesha County

January 15, 2015
By 6theo GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
6theo GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“Let’s go to the park! Go get the scooters!” I yelled to my siblings.

One of the greatest memories of anyone’s childhood is when they got to play outside. This is where your creativity flows with make-believe stories that cast you as the star.
You get to imagine you are invisible, have super sonic speed, or anything your little heart desires. The park is like a getaway vacation.
This all takes place in your neighborhood park. The playgrounds are dungeons, the monkey bars are hanging over hot lava, and the swings are the safe zone. Yes, we all know the feeling of making memories and enjoying our childhood. This is why I believe that the greatest Waukesha treasure is Penbrook Park in the heart of Hartland.
People might wonder why I would pick this park, because it is on the smaller side. But with its baseball field, tennis courts, and small basketball court, Penbrook Park is special.
“Hurry up!! We’re almost there!” I yelled as we reach the path.
Winding down the black and narrow road, we finally entered the place where we yearned to be. To have fun.
Penbrook Park is a treasure to me, because lots of memories were created that shape who I am today. Childhood playgrounds are all personal treasures that everyone has, and that to me is something very special.