I am a teddy bear | Teen Ink

I am a teddy bear

By Edelweiss56 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Edelweiss56 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Live, Laugh, Love

I am a teddy bear. Forever an imaginative companion. Going to play with the swimming mermaid under the sea, the riding ranger Rick in dusty plains, or the dancing pirate with silver sword gleaming.
I am a teddy bear. I hold you in the night. You cling close so I can seep away the fear of the monsters under the bed, the dark creeping figures,  and in return I leave you fuzzy warmth and the feeling of a guardian.
I am a teddy bear. I am a lifelong heart-holder. I hold you when you are sad, comfort you when you are scared and lonely, laugh with you while you are young and then again when you play with your own.
I am a teddy bear. I am a timeless supporter. An age-old watcher, passed down through the generations, from one to the next, to ride with you the rollercoaster, only to be battered, torn, and broken.
I am a teddy bear. Now broken and left on a shelf. But I am still the timeless support, the lifelong heart-holder, the loving laugher, and will always and forever be there when you need me.
I am a teddy bear.