Treasure of Waukesha | Teen Ink

Treasure of Waukesha

By Hailey_Bean97 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Hailey_Bean97 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

If we make it back to the real world, I'll find you and fall in love with you all over again.

My eyes are fixated on the sunset. The warm air gently makes the grass and trees rustle. This is my safe haven: a big hill at the Oakwood Church right off of highway 83. I do not go to church there, nor am I a very religious person, but this big grassy hill that I lay on most my summer days is where I go when life is hard.
There are great things you could do here in Hartland, activities like going to a movie, the Hartland street dance, or something simple like going for a swim at the lake. But nothing beats watching a beautiful sunset from my hill while things get rough.
A low orange sunset relaxes my eyes while the warm air soothes my body and takes away pain.
For me, laying on this hill is like being healed of all my cuts and bruises. The beauty of this hill mesmerizes me. I feel connected, like there is a knot tied between the Earth and me.
Sadly, right now it is winter. It’s now a  season of staying inside and hiding within a warm blanket near a fire with the smell of pine needles in my home. t is now too cold to enjoy the beauty of my snow covered hill. But until spring, I will soon climb my hill, and feel the warm air the sooth through my very being, tying the knots to connect us again.