The day that the sun went to war with the ground. | Teen Ink

The day that the sun went to war with the ground.

By Mickenzie GOLD, Blacklick, Ohio
Mickenzie GOLD, Blacklick, Ohio

It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.
Leonardo da Vinci

I squint through the haze and peer at my bleeding, blistered feet.
They whisper walk down the wasted ground of a ruined street.
All around, the scorching breeze burns me with sour red ash.
I can feel the sting, fresh on the flesh of my back-I feel the pulsing, pulsing, pulsing.
I wrap what is left of this old, old shawl to my worn, con-caving arms.
I thrust my form against the orange smog that chocks me still.
The crumbled mountains litter the seared floor with bitter refuse- the split sky came crashing to brake the soil in seven spider webbing cracks.
My very veins ache with the spread of old,  how mature in my years I have come to be. 
My callused bones weep right along with their master-they are so sorry to have given out.
So fast did they take their last-so mumbled was their sorrows- their goodbyes.
“Armageddon.”  I nod as my eyes are peppered with the streaked dust-streaked with the biting prick of metal, dust, and souls once forgotten, forgotten again.
The sun frisks through the creators eviction ink-a feral child still yet.
It smears the thick, ebony substance on its face like a little boys warrior paint.
Slowly ripping-sliding its claws down black, black plumes; It screams one last cry of brutal, savage ire.
Thus and forevermore no existence is found, for today is the day that the sun went to war with the ground.

This peice just came to mind during my science class, I hope you like it!