Suppose...

Suppose you close your eyes to go to sleep...but never open them up again

Suppose you say goodbye to your friend...but never say hello to them the next day

Suppose you see a beautiful sunrise...but never see another the next day

Suppose you eat your favorite meal...but never get to eat any in the future

Suppose you find a dollar on the floor...but never get to spend it

Suppose you walk to your favorite store...but never get to enter 

Suppose you smile softly as you see the rise and fall of your significant other's chest laying next to you on the bed...but never see it again the next day

Suppose you had all the time in the world because you are only teenagers...but never get to use up all the time 

Suppose you didn't have years, but months

Suppose you didn't have months, but weeks

Suppose you didn't have weeks, but days

Suppose you didn't have days, but hours

Suppose you didn't have hours, but minutes

Suppose you didn't have minutes...but seconds

But we can't change this. We waste life. That's what it's for. It's not taken for granted, time is just too long. Let it come to an end already. 

But suppose....

Nimra said...
Thank you @ RunnerandSkater @Iashay @ NobodyElse and @ TaylorWintry, because your comment will help me in the future. So thanks for that.

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Hi! Good to read some work from the front page. First off, I feel like this poem doesn't only target teenagers; possibly it could be aimed toward anybody in a well-developed country like the United States. I understand your reason for targeting teenagers though, as this is called TEENink. Overall, I liked the poem! The repetition in your case, though, isn't super strong, as I expected it to be. I recommend trying to make each stanza shorter and crisper, as longer stanzas aren't often as powerful... (more »)

Nimra replied...
Thank you for your response because I want to know how to do better, but thank you for your nice compliments about it too. It means alot!

RunnerandSkater said...
Beautiful and deep, I loved it!

Nimra replied...
Thank you!

lashay said...
Jan. 16, 2015 at 9:58 am
that was a great poem i felt that life taking moment very very deep

Nimra replied...
Aww. Thanks. I was hoping to get that response.

NobodyElse said...
Jan. 16, 2015 at 12:30 am
Deep very Deep

Nimra replied...
Thank you!