Three Sleepy Koalas | Teen Ink

Three Sleepy Koalas

By 6marston SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
6marston SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

They are the only koalas that understand me. I am the only one who understands them. Three Sleepy Koalas with stuffed bellies and fuzzy ears like mine. Three who belong here on this tree. Three fluffy little bears living away from the city. The city makes them curious, but the three just sleep and appreciate the little things.
Their strength is secret. They are ferocious little things above the ground. They go up and down the tree and grab the branches between their fuzzy hands and bite the leafs with little teeth and never quit their chewing. This is how they feed.
They don’t forget there reasons for being, they’d all sleep like babies in a cradle, each with their arms around the other. sleep, sleep, sleep they say when I’m tired. They each fall asleep.
When I am too sleepy and too old to keep keeping, when I am a tiny thing that can’t hold on, I look at the other two. When there is nothing left to look at on this tree. The three who grew despite the odds against them. The three who eat and do not forget to chew. Three whose only reason is to dream and dream.

on Dec. 21 2014 at 4:43 pm
beAWESOMEstayAWESOME BRONZE, New York City, New York

"Work hard in silence and let your accomplishments make the noise."

i LOVE IT!