Will life ever be this grand? | Teen Ink

Will life ever be this grand?

December 11, 2014
By Anonymous

The crystal blue waves danced on the sandy tented sand, calling my toes to prance on it.
The seashells pierced through the sand, gleaming like Christmas Ornaments.
The sand showered our toes, as we stepped closer and closer to the water.

The bright yellow sun rays bounce off the aqua water, begging me to hop into it.
The sandy tented sand gets darker and darker when the turquoise water hits it.
Will life ever feel this worthy?

You can hear the howl of the boats flying across the water to their next destination.
You can hear the crying of the birds as they are skating across the sky, flapping their gentle wings, as they are disappearing into the piercing sun.
You can hear the chatter of children as they take pictures of each other, and of course asking “Does my hair look good?”

I feel relaxed; my head feels lightened, like all my negative thoughts are floating away with the ocean.
I feel calm and collected, I can think freely and no one can influence my thoughts.
I feel blissful, I can breathe, I can think, and I can smile.

“Calm mind, calm speech, calm action, and sublime wisdom will set you free.” –Buddhist Quote

“Calm mind, calm speech, calm action, and sublime wisdom will set you free.”- Buddhist Quote

“Calm mind, calm speech, calm action, and sublime wisdom will set you free.”-Buddhist Quote


The author's comments:

I wrote this after returning from Tybee Island.