Identity | Teen Ink

Identity

By MexicanClover SILVER, Oak Park, Illinois
MexicanClover SILVER, Oak Park, Illinois

I Will Not Cause Pain Without Allowing Something New to be Born, Says the Lord (Isaiah 66:9 NCV)
The Pain You Feel Today is the Strength You Feel Tomorrow- The Strive Row
" No mistakes too great to recover and bounce back"- T.I

Boys are like fingerprints, each guy identifies me in their own way.
From the boy that sings his way out of a situation or when he tells you your beautiful when you look your worse. Or maybe its the way that his smile stretches across his face with his dimple implanted at the end. 
Or the young boy that can spit a lyric or two but could leave a girl breathless with his actions. The young boy whos sense of humor and way of calming her down keeps her from letting go.

Yea they all made an impact on me in their own way.

Or could the worse impact be left from the guy that decides to leave his unwanted tags on places other then dirty city buildings. Maybe that’s what kept the good girl from letting go when she seen the way he rocked that  5 point crown to the side with the colors Black & Gold so visible.
But the BIGGEST impact is from the guy who was not there, yea... the guy that was suppose to keep his daughter safe but was to drunk to see her grow up to be the young lady she is now. Maybe if he was around her fingerprints wouldn’t be intertwined with those of a different guy and maybe she would be able to say I KNOW WHAT MY IDENTITY IS.....