Mourning Rage | Teen Ink

Mourning Rage

By poeticstarlet94 PLATINUM, Irving, Texas
poeticstarlet94 PLATINUM, Irving, Texas

"To thine own self be true."

Just stood by again and watched our humanity be denied-- erased. Smeared with blood and laughed about to our face.

Can't play the "race card" in a game we will never win. One nation under God run by demigods confusing "protect and defend" with murderous sin.

It's a terror. It's a nightmare. We've been crying since time began. Bathing in pools of our tears stained by our blood and young black men.

And my outrage is not politically correct? No. Can't be. Won't be. Politics pass laws refusing to indict the murderers who have no respect.

Taking life out of my brother's body is like taking taxes out of my check. Capitalize on our existence but deny it in the same breath.

No matter how many times our humanity is denied we still have hope for something new. It's our human inclination to expect to be seen as human too.

I'm writing poetry because it's all my pain knows. Create to keep from crying, screaming...lighting the match and watching it blaze wild and slow.

#RIPMikeBrown #BLACKLIVESMATTER From Civil Rights to Ferguson...we will continue the fight.