A Meal of Love This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I’m having mercy for breakfast
And prudence for lunch
For dinner, I think that loyalty will more than suffice
I’ll spread tolerance on my bread
And have joy for a snack
But when it comes to peace, hold the hatred, add some spice

Nightingale74 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
What a wonderful little poem, Katelyn!! I think it's just so incredibly unique! I especially liked the very last stanza, about holding the hatred and adding some spice, because it shows that you can still personalize your  "order," which is an interesting idea. Also, congrats on the editor's choice!!! Really great work, Katelyn, thank you so much for posting! :D

Katelyn B. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you so much for that super nice comment!!! Wow, you really just made my day (guess you had a good breakfast yourself)! What did you mean about the editor's choice though? I'm new to this site. Peace.

Nightingale74 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Do you see the little red check mark by the title of your poem? If you click on it, it'll take you to a page that explains what editor's choice is.