The Truth about Life | Teen Ink

The Truth about Life

By Muskaan Aggarwal PLATINUM, Folsom, California
Muskaan Aggarwal PLATINUM, Folsom, California

As the woman sat perched upon her steps sifting through memories, she began to remember.....
She began to travel through the land of memory....and as she did, she began to see a different her........
It wasn’t just a different her, but a different being....an entirely different persona....a whole new perspective.....
The young her found life to be a road of endless possibilities, of dreams, of future, of promise....
But the older she got, it seemed as if she found those possibilities disappear.... Life was no longer a road, but a battlefield in which there was a new war to be fought every day......
And a new day no longer held fulfilling dreams, future, promise, another chance, but it began to represent the past, hopelessness, sameness....
Life became a symbol of worrying about the future instead of awaiting the future.....Life began to mark another day of discovering problems rather than another chance at finding answers....
As the woman reached the end of her journey through the land of memories, she began to understand life.....
Life is hard, it’s unfair, it’s loss, but it’s also acceptance, making the most of things, and cherishing things while they last.....
Life is one battle after another but what counts is what you gain in every battle and the happiness of winning despite everything.....
Life is maze where everything comes and goes, where doors always close....but it’s also the maze in which there is always another door, another path and that path is always better....
Life is moments of despair, of darkness, of night...but there’s always hope, always light, always a sunrise....
Life is a story where you just have to believe....
The woman realized that most of all, life is living one day at a time because even though you might want to be in the past or the future, life is always in the present.....

Thank you so much! Your comment has inspired me to write more!

on Dec. 3 2014 at 10:30 am
authoress17 SILVER, Evans City, Pennsylvania

"If there is no such thing as magic...then what is writing?."-authoress17 (me)

I can't believe no one has commented on this yet. Your poem is beautiful. When I read it, I thought it was describing my life exactly. I have been living in fear of my future for about three years. This reminded me I need to worry about the present. Thanks so much for posting. Keep on writing!