I Bet She's Pretty | Teen Ink

I Bet She's Pretty

By lilqueer SILVER, Easton, Maryland
lilqueer SILVER, Easton, Maryland

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." -Paolo Coelho

I bet she couldn’t tell you where the corner of your mouth starts and I know she couldn’t tell you what to do to make you blush. I bet she doesn’t know what to do when you’re having one of those nights where the world seems to fall beneath your feet. I know you say she’s good for you but does she make your head spin? Does she know where you touch you when you’re happy and what do to when you’re sad? I don’t even know what I’m doing and I don’t even know why I get upset over the little things when I’m always the one to tell you “things will be okay, focus on the big problems. “ I’m the one that’s supposed to be strong and I’m the one that’s supposed to hold everyone together. How can I even try to do that when I know and I can feel myself falling apart ever so slowly. How do I keep myself sane in the midst of all of this turmoil that is starting to heat up around my mind. I guess I should apologize in advanced for the way that I’m going to treat you on my bad days and I’m sorry for the way that I’m going to try and block you out when I’m too sad to move. I’m sorry if I ever step on your toes, because I know there will come a day when I will break your foot and not even a cast can repair the hurt I did to you. I’m sorry if I ever use a word towards you that makes you feel incompetent or anything less than you ever should feel, and that would be amazing. You should never feel anything short of that because you have gone through too many things in your life to not want to make the rest of it a beautiful thing. I don’t think I can be your heroin but I think that I can be something close. I think that I can help you and I know that my phone is never on silent. Just let me in a little and I promise to you that I can show you I am not ever going to hurt you. I am not going to leave because it is convenient for me. I am not going to leave because someone else has come along that has something you don’t have. Because you have everything a person should have. You have a smile, a heart, and a soul. You understand and you are kind. I’m not sure that else anybody could want out of someone.

There's a crazy place in the fine line between friendships and relationships.