Little Sister | Teen Ink

Little Sister

November 23, 2014
By ShelleyLP SILVER, Otsego, Michigan
ShelleyLP SILVER, Otsego, Michigan
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It's often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."
-Richard Evans


At 1 the little girl is just a toy, something to love on and hold. Just like a toy after awhile she is thrown aside.

At 5 the little girl is a sidekick, something that is always nearby and helpful. Just like a sidekick she happily takes her place next to her superhero.

At 10 the little girl is lost, something that has been forgotten and left behind. Just like anything lost she yearns to be found.

At 15 the girl is an old friend, someone who had once meant something and is thought of every so often. Just like an old friend life goes on without her.

At 20 the girl is realistic,  something that makes her give up her dreams and youth. Like anyone else that's realistic she sees what the world really is.

At 5 the boy is a guard, he watches over and protects the baby girl. Just like a guard he fights of any danger that might touch her.

At 10 the boy is a superhero, he's looked up to and watched by the little girl. Just like a superhero he can do nothing wrong in her eyes.

At 15 the boy is a rebel, he goes against the rules and challenges everything. Just like a rebel he walks away and starts new.

At 20 the boy is an American hero, he is respected and loved by all. Just like an American hero he is far away from the little girl and his home.

At 25 the boy is broken, he is a different person and can't be fixed. Just like something broken he feels worthless.