Divorce is War | Teen Ink

Divorce is War

November 22, 2014
By Sydney.Felton BRONZE, Fallon, Nevada
Sydney.Felton BRONZE, Fallon, Nevada
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't let them tell you blending in is a way to survive.


What you don't know is the amount of presents increases like the number of presents will say I'm sorry.
Sorry for the fighting, cussing, screaming, and tears that occur before and between every birthday and holiday.
Doing things at Dad's house that mom says no to is a plea for your love to side with him.
Getting a phone five years before you need a cell phone is mom's way of saying "if dad pisses you off call me and I'll prove I'm better than him."
That Dad buying you the cool bike mom couldn't afford is his way of proving he has money and will buy your love if needed.
But don't worry, you won't notice these things until you are fourteen.
Custody battles have been fought and lost like a bullet into your mothers fragile heart.
There is now a women with your dad's last name living in your house, yet you know nothing about her.
Your little sister lives miles away and you only see each other on the court appointed weekends.
When she looks at you, you see the blame and hatred fill her crystal blue eyes.
But can you blame her?
You broke her mothers heart.
You hope one day she will understand you were just trying to survive in the war called divorce.
And you pray, with everything that you are
That she'll never be on the front lines.


The author's comments:

The truth about living through a divorce.