Of Lost Dreams | Teen Ink

Of Lost Dreams

By StarsdoBeckon SILVER, Lake St.Louis, Missouri
StarsdoBeckon SILVER, Lake St.Louis, Missouri

“Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”

Grabbing, wrenching, tugging and pulling. 
Lifting high into the air, denying in utter clarity the final act. 
Ignoring the inevitable end, and continuing it with nows. 
Perseverance is used as gunpowder, and dreams and wishes for the bullet are shot from energizing hands.  
Looking to the sky, far into the horizon, and despite the magnitude of the darkness, seeing one small ray of sunshine beaming through the twilight.    
Beginning as nonexistent, she quickly roars to life with the simple ignition of a spark; the smallest things begin the raging fires.  
She is kinetic and collateral, striking and pulse pounding, Energizing and electrifying; she forever battles despair and is the sole Grabbing, wrenching, tugging and pulling. 
She is kinetic and collateral, striking and pulse pounding, Energizing and electrifying; she forever battles despair and is the sole revitalizer of lost dreams.    

I was challenged to write about an emotion, and I chose hope hopefully you guys like this!