are we This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

a generation
who wish they were born under
a different sky,
a different life
name
face

how and where,
the glass and the shard
the song and the piece
the steel and the sky
the light and the sand

no matter –
the buildings and the people
demand love
hope
purpose

an old cd player spinning
in a musty wired alleyway
playing a faint aria for no one,
no,
not even us.

Godinspiresher43 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is great.

Andrew C. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Armadeus_Zoolitzer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 16, 2014 at 9:59 am
Such a sad and beautiful way of describing the at times tragic human condition. I'm not sure how other people see it, but for me the "old cd player spinning in a musty wired alleyway playing a faint aria for no one" Ida metaphor for today's starving artists. Maybe I'm just reading that because of where I am right now in my life, but I see it as a writer writing things that may never be read, or a performer performing for an empty house. How we all like to put on a show, but are too wrapped up in... (more »)

Armadeus_Zoolitzer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 16, 2014 at 10:02 am
I'm sorry. "Ida"= is a

Thanks for the comment! That's a great interpretation, thanks for sharing. 

Miina said...
Nov. 11, 2014 at 5:14 am
This is really nice. I love the way you structured your poem. :)

Thank you!