love helps me stop

Some people use journals to express their feelingings

I use a blade

People like music to keep them calm

I Like the dripping color red

Most of peoples ways help them in the long run

Mine only lasts a few minutes

People say that people who cut are stupid

But this is how I deal with things

The scars remind me of each pain I've had at home 

or school.

Until I found a friend who

Cares enough to tell me to stop

Knows what I go through

and is the only one I trust

he's the one that keeps me sane

sane enough to try to stop

ElisaTheDuckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 13, 2015 at 9:31 am
This is exactly what happened to my best friend. She used to cut a lot and especially after her boyfriend broke up with her, but then she met an amazing guy and she got better. This poem means a lot because I watched her go through all that without being able to fix her broken heart. Great job on the poem!

wilds replied...
Nov. 16, 2015 at 7:58 am
Thank you. sometimes love is all you need

Mink_Matrix This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Beautiful. :) I struggled with self-harm for 3 years, and am now a year clean. Stay safe and keep writing.

wilds replied...
thank you. self harm is difficult to end

nelehjrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 17, 2015 at 12:29 am
This is a good poem, I must say. I'm glad you are feeling better. But dear, you need to capitalize your I-s the letter.

wilds replied...
Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:48 am
thank you for the tip and for commeting

Desiraay said...
That is so nice! I totally agree this was me at one point still kind of is. But again very nice work keep it up

wilds replied...
Jan. 8, 2015 at 7:50 am
thank you. this is my personal favorite

chezbona said...
Nov. 15, 2014 at 9:27 am
the poem is undisputable, nicely written. well done.

Sarelle_Gregory said...
Nov. 14, 2014 at 10:56 am
This poem was one of the best free verse poems I have read! You did a very nice job writing this! My friend thinks so too.

Nella.Girl97 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Beautifully written! i can feel the pain and emotion in this! Love it! Stay strong girl! I am here for u!

wilds replied...
Nov. 14, 2014 at 7:50 am
thank you very much