21 Times | Teen Ink

21 Times

By LemonHead15 BRONZE, Millwaukee, Wisconsin
LemonHead15 BRONZE, Millwaukee, Wisconsin

"Nothing is impossible, it has just never been achieved..."
-Anyonumus

One, was for the day I was born, wishing I could grow and see the world on my own

Two, was for the day where I learned how to play, got my first doll on a bright, sunny day

Three, was the time where I spent time with daddy, showed me to cook and made me all flabby

Four, was my family, made me feel welcomed even though I was really silly

Five, was the day that I made my first friend, still with me today and always at hand

Six, was the moment I started to learn, from the ABC’s to my 123’s but my teacher was really stern

Seven, was the day that my best friend had moved, I missed her a lot and felt so confused

Eight, was the time that I moved and changed schools, had to make friends but I felt like a fool

Nine, I had moved for the second time, I felt like making more friends was becoming a crime

Ten, was the moment I made some new friends, but I didn’t like them and I couldn’t pretend

Eleven, I had moved for the third time, leaving my “friends” behind

Twelve, I was back in my hometown, but my best friend Nikki was nowhere to be found

Thirteen, I just tried to fit in, but couldn’t because I didn’t have a face like porcelain

Fourteen, was the day I realized I was gay, but couldn’t tell others because I felt like the prey

Fifteen, the time where I was smoking’ cigars, my life really sucked and my skin covered in scars

Sixteen, will be the day I try to recover, but it wouldn’t dare work because I’ll just become rougher

Seventeen, I have just gotten worse, attempted suicide twice and should’ve seen a nurse

Eighteen, I was done, had to get help so I could my life could be redone

Nineteen, I feel recovered, the the real me could finally be uncovered

Twenty, I just joined the navy, wanted to do my own thing because I damn well know that I’m not a lady

Twenty-one, I have fully recovered and I love what I do, help people all day...maybe even you