My Bear | Teen Ink

My Bear

By Carly_Elizabeth PLATINUM, Othello, Washington
Carly_Elizabeth PLATINUM, Othello, Washington

"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."
Roald Dahl

When you hug me,
It feels as if my
Heart has never been broken,
Tears have never fallen,
Pain was never swollen.
But when you kiss me,
It feels as if my life was never stolen,
And I am free
With your arms around me.

on Oct. 26 2014 at 2:50 pm

Roald Dahl

Haha yeah I guess it can be little tough to write a review for something really short. But I'm glad you liked it, thanks for the feedback.

on Oct. 26 2014 at 7:51 am
Extraterrestrial SILVER, Singapore, Other

"Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

Trying to think of a proper review for a nine-line poem. Would it be enough to just say that it was good? No? Hmm. Okay then. What I love about this poem in particular is that it carries a quiet sense of hope. It's hard to put into words, but you've conjured up a great atmosphere in so few sentences. Also, I love the kind-of contradiction at the end -- "I am agree with your arms around me." Can't really think of anything else to say, but be assured that I did enjoy this.