Where I'm From | Teen Ink

Where I'm From

September 16, 2014
By Ostleberry23 GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin
Ostleberry23 GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin
11 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I am from 80 degree summer days and bellow zero winter nights, from Packer preseason games we look alright.
I am from the hoarded fridge that can’t fit another item.
I am from a house that once lived three boys but now only one.

I am from Iowa family Christmas’s and swapping gifts, from Grandma Marry and Grandpa Charlie I receive checks.
I am from finding the pickle in the Christmas tree and cuddling up by the fireplace waiting for Santa. 
From being on the nice list and treating people the way I want to be treated.

I am from a Christian faith. Further description I am from Westbrook Church.
I am from Children's Hospital, home made mash potatoes and gravy to top it.
I am from a five person family, we’re almost all grown up and time, I wish I could stop it.

I am from the corn fields of Iowa to the northern woods of Wisconsin. 
I am from tailgating before Brewers game’s and bond fires with the family, the loud mouth uncles, and the baby cousins.
From a farmer girl and a northern woods boy came a kid they can enjoy.


The author's comments:

I want people to know what background of living I am from