Beauty is the Beast This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Her skin, butter-cream by day, turns translucent by night.
Her hair, ebony black, shimmers like the night sky
But only to deceive those she encounters
Her lips, stained crimson from her victims
Eyes piercing blue, penetrating those who make contact with them
Her corpse, deemed immaculate by those she lures into her trap
She is the deceiver, the harlot of the hills
But cleverly disguised
The mark of the beast lies in her hands

nothingbutme said...
Mar. 5, 2009 at 12:14 am
i really like it it does remind me sorta of twilight but its amazing keep writing

kissingdawn331 said...
AS you already read...really reminds me of twilight sega...well that relates to a lot but its really good

goodgurlgonebad said...
Mar. 3, 2009 at 1:06 am
Dude i love this but....it really doesnt remind me of twilight and i have read all the books more than once but your a great writter......

Markeita said...
Mar. 3, 2009 at 12:30 am
OMG!!!! That was amazing!

Patience C. said...
WOW that's all i can say

Nicole K. said...
this is really good!!! it reminds me of twilight! i love the idea you have going!! please check out my poem too! its called somewhere away! thanks!!

russian_roulette21 said...
Mar. 1, 2009 at 3:51 am
thank you so much for your comments (:

Edyt D. said...
Mar. 1, 2009 at 3:31 am
It's a good poem; i like the last line. but until then, i wasn't feeling it - was it supposed to be some magical creature like a water nymph, or was it metaphorical - as though it is simply an evil woman? Truth be told, due to the bloody lips line, it sounds like a vampire. I liked how you showed rather than told her feelings/intentions, though.

courtney B. said...
Feb. 28, 2009 at 1:17 am
that is soke good work you got there i thought it was great... you have a creative mind... that's great

Jessica C. said...
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!!!

Chelsea M. said...
Cool piece.

girlofchrist said...
I loved it! It reminded me of the Twilight books. So dangerously lovely and deadly. You were on point.

lt9510 said...
Feb. 26, 2009 at 1:32 am
I love this poem! I wish we could see more writers that great from KS

dymiindprincess8 said...
Feb. 26, 2009 at 1:46 am
ok im confused r u talkin about vampires or something? Like i like the way you used imagery and i like your choice of words to make the poem intense but overall i wasnt really feelin it.

BridieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
That was really amazing I loved how you used the imagrey. Your language within the poem is beutiful and I love the message sent out to your readers. I was really able to connect. And i don't read Twilight either.

Lizzy7 said...
oh my gosh.. this is really deep! I really like it a lot and I think it describes any really beautiful girl that can lure any guy to her. I think it's really cool :) <333

jmc.13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Really good work!
very intriguing, i loved it!

secret boy said...
it is the best article i ever read it is so clear and vivid and it is so wow,wow,and a big wow

Readalot101 said...
That poem really made me think of myself.

blondie101 said...
Feb. 21, 2009 at 4:17 am
whoa. this is awesome. and scary. its a cool twist on what normal poetry is like. i love it. keep up the good work and the tite ideas! :D