Burning Bridges | Teen Ink

Burning Bridges

By PurpleLightning PLATINUM, Marietta, Georgia
PurpleLightning PLATINUM, Marietta, Georgia

"Heros are remembered, but legends never die."- Babe Ruth

As i stand before the bridge i have just burned i can feel the heat burning through me like an eternal fire. Throughout our life journey we burn these bridges and we walk along ridges. It's the road less traveled and i can see why. This would all seem baron without the heavenly blue in the sky. They say burn that bridge when you get to it and now i see why they say that. You never know what decision you will make down the road. The bridge is tall yet short but the shortest ditsance is the most dangerous. Once you cross this bridge it leaves you without a scratch. Just a little bit of gas and a single match. It is your choice whether you want to back, but you can't change the past and that is a simple fact. So yes I burned this bridge so I can keep moving forward because going back will destroy my progression. Memories of your past are fine but don't let them haunt you and certainly don't let temptation ever taunt you. What is left is a smoldering pile of ash and as my soul cools down i am finally at  rest. I have burned my bridge so now i will make my future the best.