The Color of Crying This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Dim and dark
on sunken wings
the melting glow
of tears on skin
and dint of pressure
grasping spare
and turning raw
those gaping eyes
stinging the sight
of what is right in front of us.

lexiibeale said...
Jan. 7 at 3:37 pm:
Check out my poetry please!

Kavon said...
The embodiment of this poem is a cocked emotional silencer at the temple of stress. SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL!!!

Dead__Silent said...
That was really Beautiful! I loved it:)

KeishaLouise15 said...
woooww i love this peice! amazing! 5 star for sure  

relaxingcry said...
short and sweet i loved it...hope to read more...and if you dont mind please check out my poem the forbidden river? anyway great write and congrats on getting in the mag

KristinCThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very intense and colorful!   What a gorgeous poem.

Basya44 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
What an outstanding title! That is the key victory here. Very funky. I would have loved to hear a longer version with more of your beautiful language. I wonder what you would think of my own poetry- I would love to hear your feedback:) Thanks for sharing!

Silver-winged said...
I love the poem and your comment.  :) i love the word choice, this is AMAZING!!!!! This poem is short and simple but holds so much depth, and a beautiful message. the explantion made it even better. <3 it very much! and can you please check out some of my poems :)

CMoore5 said...
Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:48 pm:
I love the strong word choice you used, this poem is so powerful. You are a great writer :)

albinotiger said...
Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:46 am:
I love your note on the side. it gave the poem a whole new meaning.

MamiiChulaaX3 said...
Apr. 18, 2012 at 11:48 am:
IKRCGVHVBDGHFGDHF

musicidraw said...
Mar. 29, 2012 at 5:33 pm:
This is amazing!!!!

spency said...
Mar. 11, 2012 at 9:17 pm:
nice up the good work...very nice

be_unique. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 7, 2012 at 9:20 pm:
this is so good! i love the word choice

AlexisNicole822 said...
Feb. 14, 2012 at 10:59 am:
This is amazing. The meaning behind it is, like you said, not all negative. I know many times where I cried just to relieve myself of the hurt I did feel. But yes, this is truly amazing and I love how you kept it short and simple, but held so much depth within it.

Fia-fia said...
Wonderful! THis poem itself is great.... and the meaning behind it sheds a whole new light. You are right that tears have multiple meanings and such.... and thank you for clarifying and sharing! I hope your difficult time is better now! Thank you! :)

daniec said...
very nice poem i can relate to it very much

Missundrstoodx2 said...
to me, when people associate a poem, or words with crying, it always has the negative implication. it always has an assumption of pain, and it's easy to label the topic as generic. but as you so beautifully describe, the COLOR of crying is much more intriguing of a topic, and you dictate it very well. i love that you end with the reader never know what it is that's in front of you, or us in life. great diction, keep it up

Littlejalisa said...
Wow, great poem, it is very good and it beautifully gets the message across. Would you mind reading some of my work?

Ella1 said...
Wow, great poem, even though it is short is gets the message across. Would you mind reading some of my work?