Winter Happiness This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

sitting on my rooftop
in the cold winter air
with my sister
side by side
counting every star
and wishing on the ones
we think are the brightest
until we get so tired
we can barely keep our eyes open.

so we climb down
helping each other along the way
as we trip on the ends
of our baggy sleepy pants
lead each other through
the darkness of the house
skipping over the loose floorboards
trying not to wake mom.

climb underneath the
blankets of our squeaky bed
and listen to her voice
as she tells me everything about her day
until i’m way too tired to reply
and fall asleep ….

Eilatan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i feel the warmth. i feel the happiness. that's what every writer reaches for, and you've achieved it.

ZbHolland said...
Mar. 28, 2010 at 11:11 pm:
Oh my, my, my, This makes me feel like it is a one of a kind night, a peace that is unique only to you, it feels so wonderful, thank you

annkaykay2011This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 12, 2010 at 9:49 am:
Its a bit run onish but all in all its good.

Yvaine_96This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 12, 2010 at 8:03 am :
This is gonna sound stupid but i love teenink .com . This the only place where I feel like i belong. Like i just found my family.....Thanks to the creator of this website and to the teens all around the world to fill up the empty space i have been trying to fix all this time

livelovedance said...
i love this peom alot. its really good, please continue writing! if you have a minute, would you please check this out? http ://teenink .com /poetry/all/article/163230/Where-you-stand-currently-is-not-where-you-belong/

life_of_a_leaf said...
i love winter. this is a comforting poem.

Natalie H. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
i love your poem! so beautiful!

Kathy.Nguyen said...
i loved your poem. it was amazing and i loved how it is so serene [calm] and i love how it reminds me of simpler times. thanks for the beauty of your writing. =]

Paig3Cagl3 said...
This poem has great flow and insight.
I really enjoyed it.
Lovely poem darling =]
-Please check out the works that I have posted on here it would be highly appreciated and I think you would greatly enjoy them, Thankk youz-
XxThe Whole Time You Were Talking I Didnt Hear A Single Word You Said B/C Th3 Whole Time You Were Talking I Was Picturing You DeadXx

nuts4duff said...
Oct. 7, 2009 at 11:32 am:
haha, reminds me of me and my sister =)

Twilightnme said...
May 17, 2009 at 9:59 pm:
Nice detail. I wish I could write like that. My sister and i aren't as passionate as u guys either. I love it

prettynpopular said...
i think the poem was great btw you can realy see the love that the sisters share in the poem

Bitsy said...
Love this poem, you should be like some famous author congrats on the publishing!!!

Jacky said...
i can imagine me and my sister doing something like that.

shenorvie r. said...
Mar. 30, 2009 at 3:20 pm:
i love it

alayapoetgirl said...
Mar. 26, 2009 at 7:33 pm:
I can really relate to when my sister talks to me while we're laying down and i get sooo tired and fall asleep on her!;) It's a beautiful poem!

xxJustxxMe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 21, 2009 at 6:15 pm:
it's a nice poem. Very cute and cool how u and ur sister are so close. Makes me really wish i could climb onto my roof T_T

project827 said...
Mar. 21, 2009 at 2:08 pm:
I love it. Not much else to say.

whatwehavelost said...
Mar. 14, 2009 at 9:57 pm:
you and your sister seem like your really close that must be awesome its a really good poem it tells a story that evry girl would be jealous
thx

kissingdawn331 said...
Mar. 3, 2009 at 8:29 pm:
wow yo and your sister must really bond...iv'e always wanted that ...it is a great poem...thx