My Mother Kathy | Teen Ink

My Mother Kathy

August 28, 2014
By Kaylin01 GOLD, Chicago, Illinois
Kaylin01 GOLD, Chicago, Illinois
17 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
When you can't sleep at night it's because reality is finally better than your dreams- Dr. Suess


I love you to the moon and back,

Weather you bring me a snake or a snack,

Your a flower but I'm no spelling bee,

Your as enthusiastic as Patty Sincox

As you help me collect beach rocks

Or when your watching my plays

Every year I love you 365 days

I want you to hear it from me 

I'll love you forever my mother Kathy


The author's comments:

This poem is for my mom Kathy. The story behind the line 'Weather you bring me a snake or a snack' is that once when I was at BRAVO a preformoing arts academy rehearsal I texted my mom asking her to bring me a 'snake' meaning snack. I only realized the mistake about twenty minutes later but I thought she'd know what I meant. I thought wrong because fifteen minutes later my mom shows up with nothing other than a rubber snake. She thought that maybe the director asked us if anyone had a rubber snake to use as a prop. A snake in High Schoolo Musical 2 mom, really? The line 'Your a flower but I'm no spelling bee' has to do with the fact that I'm not the best speller. As my little brother once said 'Kaylin, you have a way with words jut not of spelling them' after I asked him how to spell a probably very basic word. Another story on the subject of my horrable spelling is two Christmas' ago my mom told me to write a letter to Santa so I went and got some paper and gelly roll pens and I got to work. A few hours later my mom comes up to me and in her hand is a peice of paper, she says 'Kaylin, I found this discarded rough draft to Santa laying around and I knew it just had to be yours.' Confused I took the paper and read it. It says 'Dear Stanto' and that's all that's written on the crumpled paper. My cheecks flushed and I said 'Oh yeah, that. That was a... rough draft. I misspelled Santa.' and that is the story of the Christmas when Stanto came to town.