My Miracle | Teen Ink

My Miracle

August 13, 2014
By saumyadeepa PLATINUM, Kandy, Other
saumyadeepa PLATINUM, Kandy, Other
36 articles 1 photo 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
A mother's love is like the ocean it's pure and wide.
Life is like a painting one wrong move and it's hard to bring it back to normal.
(I created these quotes)


When a person touches your heart, they make a mark.
Some people touch your heart and leave you bleeding. These people make a scar.
Some people touch your heart and help you to keep it beating. These people never leave you.
But sometimes it’s hard to realize who does and who doesn't really care about you.
You never know till they make that mark.
My heart has bled…but now…it’s healed.
Love…a four lettered word that I adore.
Love…a four lettered word that he showed me…just when I thought that I could never feel it.
I can’t explain how it feels like to be at the edge of a cliff and seeing nothing but darkness all around you and when you look down, you see endless darkness.
No matter how hard you open your eyes, it’ll only see pitch black and you feel like you’re blind.
“If you couldn't see, then how did you know that you were on a cliff?” Someone may ask.
Well…when you lie on the ground and stretch your arms to the front, you feel nothing but air. That’s how you know that you’re at the edge of a cliff.
And forces are pushing you..Forcing you to move forward and unless a light shines to show you n alternate path, you will have to go forward and jump off the cliff where pure darkness and maybe even death awaits you.
And then! You see a light. The light is faint but you still see it. You get up from the ground and call out to the light. I’m here! I’m here! Please help me!” but that little light doesn't hear and leaves.
Your hopes shatter and you take a step forward. You’ll fall soon..You know you will..You’re sure you’ll fall.
You hit the ground and you cry.
Your whole body aches. The tears burn your cheeks.
But you cry. You cry. Your heart fells broken and it starts to bleed. You scream..Louder and louder but no one hears you.
You fall to the ground and you can’t bear the pain.
“Kill me! Why are you letting me live with this pain? Kill me! Please!”You shout as you cry.
All you hear is the sound of your crying and your screams..Nothing else. You feel alone and cold.
Am I dead?” you ask yourself but then you feel sting of pain in your heart and you know that you’re still alive.
You lose yourself. You’re like a brainless zombie.
No expectations..No reason to live.
You see a bright light in the distance but you don’t ask for help.. You don’t call out to it because you’re afraid that it might not hear you and will you .
You don’t want to keep hopes and then have them shattered..You’re already hurt enough.
But…this light still comes close to you. It hears your heart is bleeding..It hears your tears.
The light comes closer and it comes to the cliff that you’re on and then you open your eyes wide to see that the light is actually a beautiful angel with massive glowing wings.
He’s smiling at you..You watch him unable to understand if he came to meet you or whether there are other people on the cliff with you and if he’s going to save them.
He reaches out his hand to you and smiles with a nod.
You look at his hand and then at him. He’s glowing..Like the sun but much milder…like the moon.
Yes, he’s shining like the moon.
His light enables you to see the surrounding. You look all around and you see that you’re sitting on the grass and that beautiful flowers surround you.
Where you beat the ground, the flowers have been squashed. You bend down and try to straighten it but you can’t. They’re dead.
You look back at the angel. “Who are you?” You ask
He smiles. “Who do you think I am?”He asks
“Are you my savior? My miracle? My guardian angel? Are you?” You ask
He nods his head and hugs you with his wings encasing you inside them.
You feel warm..Very warm. You bury your face in his wings.
You feel blood flowing in your veins again. You feel your heart getting healed..You feel it beat.
Your eyes open and you see. The angel releases you from his hug and looks at you.
He smiles and reaches out his hand to you again. This time, you take his hand.
Slowly he helps you stand up.
With every step you take, the surrounding lights up.
You look around and you’re filled up with happiness. You smile and then you laugh.
“I feel happy!”You say to him with a smile.
He smiles and leads you forward.
You hesitate. “There’s nothing at the end. This is a cliff.” You tell him.
He looks at you and smiles. “Have belief.” He says
You nod and he leads you forward..Still holding your hand.
You see the edge of the cliff. He still walks forward. You close your eyes as you step onto thin air.
Surprisingly,you don’t fall. You are able to stand. You look at your feet. With every step that you take, a marble path gets built.
“What is this?”You ask the angel
“Hope and belief.” he says
You cross to the other side. You step on the bright green grass. You have never seen life so beautiful.
You see a white figure coming close to you. “Who is that?” you ask the angel
“That’s you.” he answers
“But I lost her..” You say
“Yes…but now you found her.” he explains
The figure comes close and embraces you and then the two of you, become one.
You feel warmth and strength and a desire to see a another sunset.
“What is this?”You ask the angel “Is this….?”
“Yes, darling.” He says “That is life.”
You twirl around and then you smile..You laugh.
You’re alive!
“I’m Alive!” You shout. “I’m really alive!”
That is how it feels like to have survived and then to begin living.
This is my story..This is how I stopped surviving and started living.
And my miracle?
Well…the whole world will know my miracle one day.
Till then...he is for me to know and you to find out about.


The author's comments:
Sorry if the picture doesn't match the story...the pics didn't load so I just chose a random pic.