Save Me from the Darkness | Teen Ink

Save Me from the Darkness

August 14, 2014
By TheRandomFatGirlInTheBcakground SILVER, Middleburg, Florida
TheRandomFatGirlInTheBcakground SILVER, Middleburg, Florida
8 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
To achieve greatness, one must first suffer.


The Darkness is creeping, moving with such stealth and grace, that I had hardly noticed it's approach. It wants to consume me, to control me, but I'm stronger then that, aren't I? "I'm a being of the Light, I can overcome this adversary." I say to myself but it feels like a lie. The Darkness, it whispers such sweet, horridly tempting ideals in my ears, they make my will weak. Can't you see that you were meant to save me? I asked the Lord for help, and he delivered, but its up to me to make it happen, but, what if you can't? What if you can, but you refuse to? I've been there before, to many times has Hope shown her lovely face to me, filling me with a dazzling, intoxicating warmth, only to disappear, leaving me frozen again. This is the in between of the rock and hard place. Do I stay in isolation, counting the days to my imminent and lonely end, or do I take your subconsciously out stretched hand and live like no one before me could have ever hoped to do so. Do I stay where its familiar and I know exactly what will happen? Do I take a chance and step off into the deep, to explore things never before touched by anything in this existence? I'm terrified, because this is the moment I've longed for all my life. You are exactly what I've waited my whole life for, Home. My only issue with it all is that which I have prided myself on, my selflessness. That aspect of my self is artificial, I created it because I felt guilty for always being in and of my self. My instincts call to you like nothing else, I was made for you, I am exactly what you need to exceed beyond every level of power imaginable. Your Light makes the Darkness run for the hills, my salvation, my Guardian, the one who is more tempting then the Darkness, please, save me.


The author's comments:
This is a major cry for help, written a long time ago, to my boyfriend, who has proven himself as my Guardian Angel, and did in fact save me.