Faces This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Yesterday was Sunday. The day I dress up
and smile at everyone. Listen to everyone’s
problems and hand out free compliments. I
sit still and pay attention to the choir.
The never-do-anything-wrong girl.

During the week, I dress down. I act
like my friends and laugh at the cost of others.
I hug someone, then go and tell my friends how
ugly that someone looks today.
The go-along, tag-along girl.

At home, I am what my parents want
me to be. I sit still at dinner, do my
homework, listen to the stories they
tell of their day. The super-special daddy’s girl.

All of these faces I have confuse me. I’m never
quite sure who I am at the time, Or if I am the
right person with the right people. Yesterday,
I was the got-it-all-together girl. Today I’m the
not-sure-of-anything girl.

xXStephmeisterXx said...
This was really good! I can honestly relate. :)
SammyD.1722 said...
This was easy to connect with! I loved it.
irishlass317 said...
This is very, very good!!!!!!!!!!
Kayte said...
Oct. 15, 2011 at 10:01 am
Thank you for this poem!! It spoke right to me(: just what I needed. Keep it up!
AristotlesApprentice said...
a perfect example of a teenage life! most teenagers go to church these days and they act all good and they think that since theyre going to church then they can do what they want and still go to heaven, but when they go to school and talk about other people they will get their double lives interlaced with one another and they will no longer go to church. just shows at how confusing have 2 sides can be.
ashbash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
sounds like 'teenager' to me :) trust me, we ALL feel like that at some point, i feel your confusion and it gets better :) great poem, i loved your descriptiveness <3 keep writing
iHope said...
wow this is so interesting! keep up the good work, i'd love to see more! check out some of my stuff please :)
Sami-Boo said...
Loveee this! beautiful-ly witten!
Loverboy12 said...
Jun. 30, 2011 at 12:27 am
i appreiciate this article because it is so honest like many on this awsome site but it is sad that many people not only teens feel this way Thank you.
crazychick said...
Jun. 19, 2011 at 10:26 am
This was a very real poem, I think alot of teenagers can relate to the idea of "finding themselves". Keep writing girl! xoxox
dispoemsayitalboutme said...
May 19, 2011 at 4:09 am
Hi this poem. has hit me hard in a good  way. this poem has turned me now. People think im a good girl. including my friends but i guess impressing comes before firends.. love this poem !
nerdgirl said...
i absolutly LOVE this!!!!!! i only wish it was a little linger! i need a poem for my literature class and it has to be 200 words, so im trying to find something of yours that fits the requirements, because you are SUCH a GREAT writer!
pmonarca said...
I love this poem!  I could completely relate, and I'm sure a lot of other people could too.  It's hard to be yourself when everyone else around you wants you to be something different.
AnimalGirl said...
i like how this can realte to anyones life, and how you incorperated so much into it. its really good!!!!!
LauraAshley said...
I think this relates to more people taht one would like to believe. I believe as humans, we often put on a masquerade, wearing different masks, and in the process we lose our true identity, (the face without the mask.) This is a beautiful poem. Bold, Honest, and realistic. thank you for allowing me the priviledge to read this. Keep writing!
Faey101 replied...
I totally agree with you! We need to try and be our own "flavor" or "color" if you walt to look at it like that. We don't want to blend in with the greys of the world. If we were all the same life would suck big time! There would be no variety or anything interesting! We all just need to "be the face without the mask" as you put it...  
NeverBeLIEve said...
Jan. 23, 2011 at 1:14 am
Sadly this reminds me a lot of myself.. this is relate-able to a bunch of girls.. 
Angel_17 said...
wow! ths made me think oh myself sometimes.
sonnysulouff This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really love this! It is so easy to relate to for everyone, I think. And I love the part "today i'm the not-quite-sure-of-anything girl" because I think that really describes all of us. Nice job! :)
MattsGurl said...
Sept. 17, 2010 at 9:41 am
i like it its very honest