You say it's ok | Teen Ink

You say it's ok

By TheBlackPoet567 GOLD, IN, Indiana
TheBlackPoet567 GOLD, IN, Indiana

Life is a struggle requiring optimism and confidence

How do you know that is it going to be ok; maybe we won't be given another day. I'm sitting her crying, wondering why I feel like this. These feelings and, love got me sick. Yet I'm trying so hard to think through sh*t. Why does the world have to be so freaking cruel? Why can't we all get along? Yet you say it's ok. Do you know that for sure? Have you ever felt this way? Wondering why everyone is out to play and veng on your emotions and, take your love for granite. A so called father who can't come through to see his own daughter. A mother who won't smile nor laugh as if the world around her has gone black and white and, not a stream of color in sight. And you say it's ok. A father working hard for money to provide for his family. A sister who is trying to change her ways, to be a better person, so she can teach the younger ones to learn from her stupidty and; you say it's ok. There is nothing ok about this. Yes I know I over think things but, you can't stop me from being me. The word ok doesn't mean nothing to me. Just a word with no meaning, a word that has no existence to me. And you still say that it's ok. What if the next day isn't promised to me, will you be saying it's ok then? Will you say it's ok when you see me in a casket? How do you know that it's going to be ok?