The Winding Path of Life | Teen Ink

The Winding Path of Life

August 2, 2014
By AddieLayne SILVER, Knoxville, Tennessee
AddieLayne SILVER, Knoxville, Tennessee
7 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Why wait on the world to change when you can change the world?


Should she go left, right? Up, down? The unknown haunts her until she can no longer breathe. One wrong turn and she'll end up on a path that leads to nowhere but sorrow, to misery.

Confusion has surrounded her for awhile now. She feels as if it's time to break free from its suffocating embrace.

Her future awaits yet she stays paralyzed in the past. Every memory seems to come back all at once. BOOM, BOOM. They puncture her thoughts like bullet wounds. Eventually they will heal, leaving rigid scars in their place.

Her body is covered in these scars yet no one sees. Screaming a silent cry she drowns in her own tears. How long until it'll be okay? How many more turns does she have to make until she finds her way?

Up, down, left, right... they all seem the same on the winding path of life.


The author's comments:
Everyone feels lost sometimes. Finding your way out of the darkness and confusion is what gives you the strength to fight every battle that comes your way. Never give up and never lose hope.